As promised in my last post, here is my special Valentine’s day second recipe, I decided to share with you a famous French Pastry that I Love, The millefeuille !!
I thought it would be a great idea to make a hearts shaped millefeuille with raspberries because I love their taste with pastry cream and the color would be a good match for this special occasion , I hope you will love it and share it with who you love .
Note: The real recipe of the millefeuille doesn’t contain Chantilly cream, I added it in this recipe for decoration purpose and to give it a better taste with the raspberries.
I keep the weights of the ingredients in grams to avoid rounding them and giving you wrong measures, I suggest you to use a scale that indicates the weight in grams.
- two puff pastry sheet
- 300 g raspberry.
For the Pastry Cream (easy recipe) :
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 g sugar
- 35 g cornstarch
- 350 ml milk
Making the pastry cream :
- In a saucepan ,Combine the egg yolks, the sugar, the cornstarch and the vanilla.
- Add the milk and put the whole mixture over medium heat while stirring until smooth and free of lumps.
- Put the pastry cream in a bowl,Cover it with plastic wrap on the surface and refrigerate.
Preparing the puff pastry Hearts :
- Use a Heart shaped sheet of paper as a template to cut your two puff pastry hearts (choose the size that you want).
- Put the hearts in a baking tray, sting them and put another baking tray on the top to prevent the puff pastry from swelling.
- Bake the hearts in a preheated oven 350 F (180 c) for 40 minutes.
- when the hearts and the pastry cream cools down, put the first heart in the serving plate, surround it by the raspberries and fill the middle of the heart with the pastry cream then cover with the second heart,
- for the decoration you can decorate as desired, for me I like the combination between the chantilly cream and the raspberry so I chose to decorate the millefeuille with a chantilly cream and I put more raspberries to get the red color of valentin’s day (you can find my recipe of the chantilly cream here Chantilly Cream )
- refrigerate until serving.