This year For the valentine’s day, I decided to share with you 2 different recipes, a French one that I will post soon, and an Algerian one that you can find bellow !!
For the Algerian recipe I chose The Sesame Hearts, this recipe is inspired from an old Algerian pastry made with Sesame, I just gave it a sort of fresh version and new shape.
As it is valentine’s day soon, I made them shaped like hearts. I hope you will like it and make it for those who you love.
Don’t forget to check out my French Valentine’s day recipe when i post it
I keep the weights of the ingredients in grams to avoid rounding them and giving you wrong measures, I suggest you to use a scale that indicates the weight in grams.
- 250 g butter at room temperature
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 380 g flour
- Sesame seeds
- Strawberry Jam
- Pinch of red food coloring
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and the sugar until it becomes like a cream.
- Add the vanilla, the baking powder and start adding the flour little by little until the dough becomes consistent.
- Shape the dough in small balls ( the weight of each ball should be between 25g and 30g)
- Roll the ball in the Sesame seeds and put them in a heart shape mold. Push each ball gently inside the mold to give them a heart shape.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 340 F (170 c) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Unmold the sesame hearts, and let them cool down.
- In a small saucepan, add a little bit of the strawberries jam and the pinch of red color food .
- Heat the mixture over low heat until it melt, let the mixture cool down and fill the empty part of the sesame hearts with it.