The tiramisu is an Italian dessert that means literally pick me up or lift me up, so if you need to sheer up take fifteen minutes and try this recipe
I keep the weights of the ingredients in grams to avoid rounding them and giving you wrong measures, I suggest you to use a scale that indicates the weight in grams.
- 4 eggs
- 1 box Speculoos
- 100g sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- One cup of coffee
- cocoa powder
- start by separating the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the egg whites until it becomes thick.
- In a large bowl mix the egg yolks, the sugar and the vanilla, then start adding the mascarpone while mixing.
- Incorporate the egg whites gently to the previous mixture.(you should have a smooth cream).
- Soak the speculoos pieces in the coffee and place them as a first layer in ramekins, add the cream and then another speculoos layer, finally cover until the top with cream.
- Keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
- Sprinkle the cocoa before serving.
note: you can use ladyfingers instead the speculoos.