I keep the weights of the ingredients in grams to avoid rounding them and giving you wrong measures, I suggest you to use a scale that indicates the weight in grams.
- (240 g) almond or half Almond half hazelnut
- (160 g) sugar
- (15 g) water
- In a large pan bring the sugar and the water to a boil over medium heat.
- When the temperature reaches 249F (121 c) add the almond while stirring, don’t worry if the sugar crystallize, it is the normal process it will melt again.
- Once the sugar and almonds caramelize remove it from heat and put it on a Silicone backing mats, allow to cool .
- Once the mixture is cold, break it in small pieces and chop them in the food processor (big pieces could damage your food processor). in the beginning it becomes a powder, then and after a couple of minutes it will be a thick paste, at this stage keep chopping until you get a peanut butter texture like in the picture below.
(The quality of the praline depends of the power of the food processor, I usually use a KitchenAid food processor because it is strong and the result is perfect).