I keep the weights of the ingredients in grams to avoid rounding them and giving you wrong measures, I suggest you to use a scale that indicates the weight in grams.
- 500 g Milk
- 150 g Oz Sugar
- 80 g of egg yolk
- 50 g of cornstarch
- 220 g of better
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, 75 g Sugar and the vanilla to a boil over medium heat.
- In a small bowl Whisk the egg yolks and 75 g of sugar, Add cornstarch, and mix until smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the heated milk to the egg yolks mixture gradually with stirring, return in the saucepan, put it on the oven for 1 minute, keep stirring until the pastry cream becomes thick,
- add 110 g of butter to the previous mixture, while it is well incorporated in the pastry cream, put the whole mixture in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap on the surface.
- put it in the fridge until the temperature of the Pastry Cream reaches 86 F(30 C).
- In a mixer bowl add 110 g of butter and mix until it becomes creamy.
- Add ¼ of the cold pastry cream to the creamy mixture while wiping, and then add the rest on 3 times.( best to use the Balloon whip of your stand mixer).