I rarely do pastries made with exotic fruits, since I am originally from a country that doesn’t product these kinds of fruits, so doing this entremet was a challenge for me, especially that I never used the mango in mousse.
After a long hesitation I decided to do it and I am really satisfied by the result, the taste of the mango is really good, moreover I am using the mango in other deserts , and I would like to share with you the recipe of my first attempt of the mango entremet .
Note: This entremet belongs to the frozen entremets, it should be kept in the freezer for at least one night so beware do not use the agar agar,the pastry will throw water after defreezing (the gelatin is required to get the texture needed)
I keep the weights of the ingredients in grams to avoid rounding them and giving you wrong measures, I suggest you to use a scale that indicates the weight in grams.
The supplies you will need:
- Two Round Cake Rings called Entremet ring (one smaller than the other by almost 1 inch) in this recipe I used a 7 inches and 8 inches rings,
- Parchment paper
- Icing Spatula
- Acetate roll
note : the acetate roll shouldn’t be higher than your rings by more than 1 cm, if it does, try to equalize it using scissors)
- A stand Mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- Immersion hand blender
- Kitchen Scale
For the coco Dacquoise:
- 30 g sugar
- 100 g egg whites
- 75 g coconut
- 15 g cornstarch
- 75 g icing sugar
For the mousse :
- 300 g concentrated mango or mango puree
- 12 g gelatin leaf (don’t use the Agar Agar)
- 300 g heavy cream
- 100 g sugar
For the Icing (Mirror glaze) :
- 75 g water
- 11 g gelatin leaf (don’t use the Agar Agar)
- 300 g sugar + glucose …I put 2 big tablespoon glucose and the rest sugar, you can put half sugar and half glucose
- 150 g white chocolate
- 100 g sweetened condensed milk
- Food color
Making the Almond Dacquoise:
- Combine the icing sugar, the coconut and the cornstarch.
- In a large mixing bowl whip the egg whites with adding sugar until you get a meringue.
- Incorporate gently the first mixture into the meringue using the spatula, the results should look like a cloud.
- On a baking tray, put the parchment paper, place the entremet ring and pour the dough (Ring 20 cm/ 8 inches) if you don’t have the ring, you can draw on the parchment paper one 8 inches circle and fill it with the dough using a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350 F (180 c) for 15 to 20 m.
Making the mango mousse:
- Put the gelatin in a cold water 15 minutes before using it.
- In a saucepan, bring the concentrated mango and the sugar to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the gelatin with stirring while it is hot (the leafs should be melted)
- Put the mixing bowl and the beater in the freezer , remove them after 15 minutes ,put the cold heavy cream in it and start whipping (the whipped cream should be like the cloud so don’t whip more than necessary , you could turn your cream to a butter).
- Incorporate gently the mango cream to the whipped cream (the temperature of the mango should be at 86 F (30 c))
Montage of the entremet:
- Unmold the Dacquoise form the (20cm) 8 inches entremet ring or remove the parchment paper from the disc that you’ve drawn (It depends on how did you make your Dacquoise).
- Using the 7 inches entremet ring reduce the size of the dacquoise from 8 inches to 7 inches to get a fine edges.
- Place the 8 inches ring in the presentation plate, put the acetate roll inside the ring, it should exceed about 1 cm.
- Put the Dacquoise as a first layer, pour the mango mousse.
- Refrigerate for one night.
Making the mirror glaze:
- Put the gelatin in a cold water 15 minutes before using it .
- In a saucepan, bring the water, the sugar and the glucose to a boil.
- When the temperature reaches 230 F (110 c) remove it from heat and add the Gelatin leafs.
- Pour the mixture on the condensed milk and the white chocolate while stirring.
- Blend the mixture with the immersion blender (a good mirror icing should be without bubbles so the hand immersion blender is really important to get a shiny mirror icing)
- if you would like to color the mirror glaze add the color that you want while mixing.(In this recipe I added yellow food Color)
- Remove the entremet from the freezer, then remove the ring and the acetate roll.
- Heat up the mirror glaze over a low heat .
- Wait until the icing cools down to 86 F(30 c) , above this temperature the entremet could melt.
- Poor it on the entremet from the middle,let it flow, refrigerate .
- After 2 hour the entremet should be ready for decoration.